PRESTWOOD PHYSIOTHERAPY AND SPORTS INJURY CLINIC
PRIVACY NOTICE MAY 2018
This Privacy Notice is effective from 25 May 2018 and covers the collection, processing and use of personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and Global Data Protection Regulations (“GDPRs”) which come into force on 25 May 2018.
Who we are?
Prestwood Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic (“Prestwood Physiotherapy”), Pankridge Farm, Moat Lane, Prestwood, Great Missenden, Bucks HP16 9DA is registered under the Limited Partnership Act 1901 with registered no:LP7581
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
Here at Prestwood Physiotherapy, we take your privacy seriously. Personal information is gathered on paper at your initial assessment and is likely to include the following: name, address, date of birth, phone numbers, email address, information related to your health and applicable medical conditions relevant to your treatment together with information regarding your ongoing treatment and progress. We will store your information using a manual filing system. We will also store your information electronically.
How is your information used?
• To reliably and accurately identify your record in the future for follow up treatment.
• We collect contact details such as address, phone numbers and/or email address to enable us to communicate with you (for example to notify you of changes to your appointments and keep you informed/updated on your treatment and health/medical condition).
• We will use information you provide about your health/medical condition to aid your diagnosis and treatment. Information about your health/medical conditions is deemed to be sensitive data:
• With your consent or for another legitimate purpose connected with your treatment we will use your personal information to communicate with GP’s, Consultants, healthcare professionals, your medical insurance company and relevant professional advisers:
• We may use your personal information on an anonymized basis for internal training and audit purposes.
Who has access to your information?
Your personal information will not be shared outside Prestwood Physiotherapy, without your express consent or for another legitimate purpose und the DPA/GDPRs. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, nor will we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may share your details as follows:
• With your GP, hospital consultants and other staff in the event of further investigations, medication requests or referrals;
• With your solicitor/barrister/other legal team in the event of an accident claim;
• With insurers (including our medical insurance company) if you are claiming for treatment or payments are going through your insurance company;
• With employers, public bodies and social services where required to assess occupational health claims, social services and disability assessments.
How your information is kept?
When you give us personal information we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. Information is kept securely for 8 years commencing on the date of your last treatment at Prestwood Physiotherapy or up until the age of 25 years for patients under 18 years of age. After this date it will be securely destroyed.
We will only contact you in relation to a previous request by you to contact us, or regarding any changes of appointment. We may also contact you to discuss your progress of treatment or gain consent to share information with relevant healthcare professionals.
How you can access and update your information?
You have the right to see the information we have relating to you and can request this in writing. You also have the right to amend any inaccuracies in the information we hold. The accuracy of your information is important to us, so if any of the information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please write to us at Prestwood Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic, Pankridge Farm, Moat Lane, Prestwood, Great Missenden, Bucks HP16 9DA alternatively you can telephone 01494 891919 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, issue or alteration of your information.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information your transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Review of this Policy.
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.